cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock Samsung S9 but do I need to having moved from BT

Shamus57
Investigator
Investigator

Having moved my two Sims from BT in November, both Samsung phones work OK, but when I look on My EE they are both shown as unknown & locked? I followed the link to unlock and every time I enter to 15 digit IMEI number I get the same message "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later" and after several attempts on different days I have given up.

Can any body help or is there a number one can call as 150 was a waste of time and I wished I have stayed with BT 

18 REPLIES 18

Hello Jon, 

That didn't work as you end up in a circle following text messages back to things you have already tried.

It seems impossible to speak or report to a person on the number one phone network!

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shamus57,

I think there may some crossed wires here.

Just to confirm, you're using the two phone's that are showing on your account, it's just that My EE is incorrectly showing them as locked to EE?

James

Hello James,

I was sent  two new sims from EE in November for my S9+ and my partners M42 both unlocked when purchased a year or so earlier, as I was bumped over from BT. The phones work OK but when I look on my EE they are both shown as unknown devices for each number and locked?. We tranferred our numbers over with the PUK Code which took 24 hrs or so, but trying to enter the IMEI just gets the error message?  

James_B

Hi @Shamus57,

You don't need to take any further action. If your phones weren't purchased from EE, they won't be locked to the EE network.

I'm sorry for the incorrect information showing in My EE.

James

So does that mean when I go into my account settings it will always show as unknown device as shown from a print screen of each attached?Picture2.png

Picture1.png

[Mod edit: Image rejected due to it containing personal information.]

James_B

Hi @Shamus57,

Yes, as you didn't purchase your device from EE, the device type may not be recognised in My EE.

This is purely cosmetic and won't affect any functionality in your account.

Thanks

James

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Even if you did purchase your phone from EE, it still shows as "Unknown device"...

Shamus57
Investigator
Investigator

Sounds like unknown device is common and as "This is purely cosmetic and won't affect any functionality in your account."

I have lost the will to respond anymore, the last two morning on signing in to check any response there has been a message "try again later " and then any emails go into my spam folder which I don't see without scrolling down.

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

About the spam thing... The forum software sends e-mails out using Sendgrid. So do numerous spammers. Probably because Sendgrid don't take "no" for an answer. If your mail server rejects an e-mail from Sendgrid with a permanent "go away!" response (as opposed to a temporary "gimme a few minutes and try again"), they keep beating at the door trying to get in regardless. I get literally hundreds of these attempts to deliver junk to my users every day in my server logs.

I had to make an exception for Khoros (this forum) in the blocking rules on my server.