cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop "Sign in to Network" notification.

happyhacker
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Nokia. I have turned EE app notifications off but I still get this when I click on from standby. It has a blue symbol of signal level followed by "Android System".

I am payg and have data turned off.

Any advice appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @happyhacker 

You receive the error becase your device is trying to use data. If you've disabled data then it will ask you every time data services are activated.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @happyhacker

Could you take a screenshot of that error message please?

Chris

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @happyhacker 

You receive the error becase your device is trying to use data. If you've disabled data then it will ask you every time data services are activated.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Sign In 2 Ntwk.png

Thanks.

I have added a screenshot. Thanks.

James_B

Hi @happyhacker,

@Northerner is correct, you are seeing that error message because your phone or an installed app is requesting a data connection.

Hope this helps.

James

happyhacker
Contributor
Contributor

OK, I assume it's the EE app for which I have turned off notifications. I guess it is allowing that one. Thanks.

James_B

No problem @happyhacker 🙂

James