m4x1ne
Investigator
Investigator

Sony Xperia L4 not recognising SD card to save

8 REPLIES 8
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Is this a problem with one specific SD card? Does the same SD card work in another device - laptop? Tablet? PC?

Or do no SD cards work in your phone?

Thanks for response.  Tried 2 different SD cards, one brand new unused.  Both SD Cards work in laptop and can be accessed in Galaxy A6 Tablet.  Tech Guys at local shop couldn't work it out either so didn't charge me, after trying a few "fixes" but no idea what they tried exactly except reformatting the mobile itself, as well as transfering data on the SD Card and formatting that with different options.......

@m4x1ne   Does the device actually see the SD card/s when it’s inserted in the device.   Does it acknowledge the SD card has been put in the device?   

Yes faulty card seen and it said it was corrupted.  2nd card recognised but not accepting images or data to be transferred even when trying to use the settings menu's, so I was told.  I'm not competent to check, but I could follow some instructions if required. Thanks for your help. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @m4x1ne 

Have you formatted the card when its in the device.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Yes I kept doing that for about 1 month before taking it to the local repair shop for their advice. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Does the below Sony Support article help, @m4x1ne?

SD card not detected / not working | Sony UK

James

thanks, I'll have a go.