cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s22 trade in

Bethanyplant
Investigator
Investigator

Can you trade in an IPhone against the Samsung s22 trade in offer? Also - whats the deal with messages on android price-wise? 

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bethanyplant  You can trade in any device towards any device.    As for your other question if you mean text messages you get on practically all tariffs unlimited texts.    You had this with your iPhone tariff also you probably just used iMessage most of the time through and that uses your data allowance.    There is something similar on android I believe it’s called Google chat but obviously this will be from a android device to android device and those who have set up Google chat. 

ah, just next to the deal it only lists samsung devies? so would the same price point stand? and i mean like picture messages etc, i'vee been told EE are known for classifying an Emoji as a picture message and charging people as such - whereas imessage you do not get charged for such?

Including an emoji is a Picture Msg. Picture Msgs cost 73p each to send.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Oh goodness that’s awful! Nevermind ahaha, I’ll stick with my dying iphone

@Bethanyplant  Your not charged when sending a emoji via iMessage as it’s not the same as a text message or a MMS.   iMessage is like using what’s app but it’s only from an Apple device to an Apple device.   With an android device it’s a different message platform and it’s called Google chat and you do not get charged for sending a emoji but you need to send that message via Google chat to another Google chat user.    It sounds like your contacts all have iPhones so any messages from a android device to a iPhone that have emojis in them will be sent as an MMS and you’ll get charged for that.   Unless you all started using what’s app or similar data based message from platform.