cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Wifi failing

James012
Explorer

Got a new S22 in September, had WiFi Issues with it ever since - speed grinds to a halt, signal drops out then doesn't reconnect to the router, have to do it manually via airplane mode or WiFi off/on and enter Connection Settings to manually reconnect. 

Went through all Samsungs and EE trouble shooting, EE agreed to replace the handset with new S22. Set it all up today and its dropping the WiFi more often than the old one. 

Driving me nuts, tried everything I can find online about it and no use. Is there a known issue? Do I just change for another brand of android handset? 

Cheers. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@James012  For you have the same issue on two devices and getting both of those devices is not possible.  Have you tried just turning the router off for 30+ seconds and then restarting it.    Is the device in a case ?  If so did you use that case on the old device?  Have you tried taking out the case ? 

Yes the router has been reset many times, for periods of time. My Internet provider have run tests on the router to look at the connections, as well as updating their software. The other 20 devices in the house don't do it - android tablets, iPhones, laptops, TVs, my wife's S20FE and my old S21 didn't do it. 

Happens in or out of the case, in the same room with the router or other end of the house. 

I've changed the MaC settings, IP settings, turned off Bluetooth, done network setting resets, factory resets etc and nothing changes.