cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel watch / EE pay as you go

Tjbeds
Visitor

I'm with EE as a pay as you go customer £10pm

I'm looking to buy the new pixel watch direct from Google, with pay as you go will I be able to use my mobiles data for the watch or will I only be able to have use of all the functions IE txt and calls if both are connected to my home wifi 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To be used over the EE mobile network the watch needs to be paired with an EE contract phone & have its own data plan. Otherwise you can only use it over WiFi or Bluetooth.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To be used over the EE mobile network the watch needs to be paired with an EE contract phone & have its own data plan. Otherwise you can only use it over WiFi or Bluetooth.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks!

Any help with assigning a data plan to the watch. Can I just buy a plan and pair it post that. Currently if I pair now, it says "Your operator doesn't allow watches on this number"

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rpanicker,

Are you using a pay as you go or pay monthly plan?

James

Kyutu
Explorer

This would be useful to know for me as well, I have a Pixel Watch on route from another retailer and plan on using it with my EE Pay Monthly sim and I don't see any options to add a watch to my account that doesn't include buying the watch also.

James_B

Hi @Kyutu,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

You'll be offered the option of adding an EE data plan to your watch during setup.

James

Ah-ha!  Thank you for clarification on this, no need to essentially do anything until the watch arrives then.  Thank you!

i am trying to add esim or sim serial number in my account, but ee only allowed me input 14 digits, while my google watch IMEI got 15 digits, how is it work

Christopher_G

Hi @viviminmin

I would suggest speaking to our technical support team for them to try and help you get it set up.

Chris

dgleeson25
Visitor

I am in same position and not sure these responses clarify this at all if someone can help? Google's website says that it is EE compatible  https://g.co/pixelwatch/networkinfo but I dont see any place to add a device in my account, let alone a watch. I have phone contract now with pixel phone on EE but am not purchasing the watch through EE.