cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says SIM is different to my number

Nicofisher
Investigator
Investigator

I had a repair on my phone and had it sent back and all is working, but it had to be reset, now it says the SIM is a different number. However it isn't as I'm getting calls and texts to my actual number, when I've put my old SIM card in

8 REPLIES 8
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nicofisher,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of phone are you using?

James

grsdev
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Was your number ported to EE from another network? If so, the SIM will have the EE number that was originally assigned to it even though your phone works with the number you brought across from the other network.

Samsung Galaxy S21 plus

Leanne_T

Hi @Nicofisher

Thanks for coming here. 

Did you get another SIM card? 

Leanne.

No, as I said my phone went in for a repair I got it back and put my SIM in that was originally in it, before it went for a repair, and then I put my SIM back into my phone and it says my SIM is a different number. I am still receiving calls and texts as normal to my number, but the phone says my SIM number is different 

Leanne_T

Thanks for confirming, I just wanted to make sure when you mentioned old SIM @Nicofisher

If the SIM is working the number will be correct and the number showing in your phone has no impact on your SIM card. 

Leanne.

But this surely can be resolved. It seems that somewhere it is stored that this other number is the default number for the phone, because when I use 2FA I get the message that a text has been sent to your number, this phone is not the registered number please check the your phone ending with (my actual phone number) 

Leanne_T

Hi @Nicofisher

In this case, please call us on 150 and our tech gurus will get this looked into for you. 

Leanne.