cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent and duplicated voicemail notification

FrustratedByEE
Explorer

I've had EE on my Samsung S10 for some time and there has always been two duplicate voicemail notifications even when I don't have any voicemails. You can't just get rid of the notifications, only pause them for up to two hours. This was never an issue until I got a smart watch. Now my watch is buzzing twice every 15 minutes to tell me I have voicemails, when I don't. I've tried all the previously recommended solutions (txt VM OFF/VM ON to 150; leave a VM and delete it; restart the phone; clear the phone's cached data) and none of them work. The phone is a dual-SIM and my SMARTY SIM doesn't do this, so it is definitely an EE issue. I am now out of contract and if I can't get this resolved I will just look for another provider that doesn't have this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @FrustratedByEE

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone to see if this happens? 

Leanne.

Not easily, unfortunately. I only have this phone and my wife's phone is an iPhone.

Like I said in my message, it's a dual-SIM phone and my other SIM doesn't exhibit the same problem, although that doesn't mean that it isn't a phone issue. It doesn't make any sense why I get dupllicate VM notifications that won't go away. It's not very useful for knowing when I actually have a new VM so it would be better if I could just disable all VM notifications, but the phone won't let me. Even when I disabled VM via VM OFF to 150 I still got the notifications.

Leanne_T

Thanks @FrustratedByEE

In this case, please give us a call on 150 and our Tech Gurus will run through some troubleshooting to get this resolved for you. 

Leanne.

Barney2Millie
Explorer

Same problem with my iPhoneXS. Have received about 50 voicemail alerts in last few hours. Fed up to the back teeth with it, have tried all the recommended solutions, none of which have worked.

Leanne_T

Hi @Barney2Millie

Are you using Visual Voicemail? 

Are these messages received in the last few days or longer? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

No, not on Visual Voicemail.

The issue of repetitive voicemail alerts has now been rectified.

After receiving 30 - 40 alerts an hour, I deleted phone app & closed down mobile overnight.

Following day, reopened mobile, alerts continued, but stopped when I reset mobile to factory reset, which automatically returned phone app.

Not had a single alert since.

Thanks for your interest, and Happy New Year.

Barrie.

Christopher_G

Thank you for coming back to post your solution, @Barney2Millie

Chris