cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number has been spoofed

Danovitch
Visitor

I have had quite a few calls from people saying they had a missed call from me but I never called them. Apparently this is a symptom of spoofing, so my number is being used by scammers to call people to con them. What can I do about this please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Danovitch 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that. If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they could change your phone number, this will fix the problem in the short term, but would not guarantee that it wouldn't happen again in future.

Spoofed calls are not just targeting UK residents, these calls originate from all over the world. This is a worldwide problem. Both the UK and international regulators are working with the telecoms industry to solve this problem.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G

Hi @Danovitch 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that. If you speak to our Mobile Care team, they could change your phone number, this will fix the problem in the short term, but would not guarantee that it wouldn't happen again in future.

Spoofed calls are not just targeting UK residents, these calls originate from all over the world. This is a worldwide problem. Both the UK and international regulators are working with the telecoms industry to solve this problem.

Chris

Hi,

Do you know if:

- our numbers being randomly generated and called?

- our telephone numbers being sold from certain website

- other 

No worries if not, just wondered if there was a way to protect our telephone numbers.

Kind regards,

Tim

Leanne_T

Hi @timwright007 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can find full information to see if this is something you are experiencing in the Number spoofing scams - Ofcom support page. 

Leanne.

Doesn't relate to the specific issue in the slightest. Christopher already identified the actual issue and gave an appropriate response so I'm not sure why you felt the need to pipe in with irrelevant information. Where's the 'Not Helpful' button?