cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Phone

Dug2
Investigator
Investigator

Last August i was sold a Oppo5 Lite  - i asked  and it was confirmed that this phone was ASHA compatible.  Unforseen circumstances meant tnat i didn't actually get my aides until last week. My audiologist then confirmed that the phone was NOT ASHA..i have spoken to EE  and the local EE/BT store they say i have to pay over £300 to end the contract and then pay for new one...i explained that they had mis-sold and their response was ' that's the only option you have'....the phone is not fit for purpose and no one will help me resolve this

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dug2   The phone was sold to you in August thats 7 months ago.    What a phone can or can’t do is your responsibility to find out.  Store sales staff are there to sell and don’t know everything about every device they sell.  Yes you was incorrectly told but it was sold 7 months ago.  

I agree in theory...but..i asked the specific question...'is this phone ASHA compatible?'... the girl didn't know ( she'd only worked there for a couple of months) and went and asked the manager who 'checked' came back and confirmed it was......family circumstances prevented me getting my hearing aids earlier....hence the 7 month delay......i apprecite the time you have taken to reply - many thanks.....Dug

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Store staff can't really be expected to know about every third party function on modern Smartphones, and I suspect the better answer would have been for them to advise you to ,contact the third-party provide, ASHA in this case.

That said, there is a strong argument that any function that's important to you, is best tested  promptly after purchase. That you've not done this, may validly be questioned by the point of purchase.

You would need to take this up with the store directly, although I have some doubts that a third-party compatibility issue would classify as unfit for purpose.

@Dug2    THIS  might help you in the future 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B @bristolian 

I don't think it should be outside of staff training to understand what handsets are ASHA compatible. This would fall under vulnerable customer training, which seems to be something this store needs. 

Oppo use its own variation of Android. I would recommend sticking with more well established brands like Samsung. As for your situation now you're a bit stuck after 7 months. You could try and sell the handset and use the money to buy another/pay off your contract. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Dug2
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks everyone for the feedback - much appreciated. Come August 2024 i'll make sure i have my hearing aids with me when i 'upgrade'..All the best Dug2

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Dug2

Welcome to the EE Community. 

When you have a moment please check your community inbox

Katie 🙂

Dug2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Folks - thanks everyone for your involvement. EE came through and i'll have new ASHA compatible phone on Monday.......had given up hope...but the support team came through for me.

Have a great day everyone