cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone muted on all calls

JuliaSays
Investigator
Investigator
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy A52s and today every call that I try to make/receive the microphone is muted, so the other person cannot hear me. Apparently they can hear me for about a second, then it goes. I have checked through all settings but cannot find anything obvious. Can anyone help?
6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JuliaSays.

Welcome to the community.

Do you notice if this happens in more than one location? Is it every call that is affected?

Chris

Thank you for getting back to me. It is every call, whether using the phone or trying to call through WhatsApp. But the mic itself is working fine, as diagnostic tests have passed and I can record voicenotes in WhatsApp. I have tried everything, including reset to factory settings last night but it just won't work.

Christopher_G

That's really strange, especially since it's happening after a full reset, @JuliaSays.

Could you try the SIM in a different phone do you think? Or a different SIM in yours, just as a test?

Chris

Unfortunately neither of those are available to me today. Perhaps if I pop into my nearest EE store this afternoon they might be able to look at it for me?

Christopher_G

Yes, they should be able to test a SIM swap for you, @JuliaSays. This should help narrow down what is causing the problem.

Chris

Calls placed through WhatsApp and other apps, are not handled by your phone or EE's mobile network as calls - but as data usage. All that helps prove is your microphone and the phone's data connection.

Does your phone have an option for forcing a 3G/2G network connection instead of defaulting to the 4G network - ordinarily this is a bad idea, but for troubleshooting purposes it may help ID if this is part of the issue.