cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to unlock device doesn't work

Melzrc
Investigator
Investigator

Trying to unlock my device using the link given by EE. I put in my IMEI number and get given the unlock code but the link for the next steps just goes back to the beginning of the process every time. Is there any way around this rather than phoning?! Seems to be an ongoing issue, would be nice if the link was fixed. 

7 REPLIES 7
Melzrc
Investigator
Investigator

Trying to unlock my sim and as you go through the links with IMEI number and are given the code to unlock it just takes you back in circles and doesn't let you complete the final steps after you press unlock this device. Is there any way around this rather than a long phone call 😴 

Are you really talking about a SIM unlock? The one where you need your IMEI is a phone or device unlock for using it on another network.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

You are correct. Will post in the correct place

@Melzrc : Have you used the unlock code you were given when you have a non-EE SIM in the device?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Melzrc 

Welcome to the community

Could you try it on a different device or browser please? 

Device unlock (ee.co.uk)

Chris

Have tried different browsers and different devices, the link always goes back to the first page once it's given you the code and you press the 'unlock your Sony device' link. I've tried sending the steps via email as well and it still does the same thing. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks for trying, @Melzrc 

I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team to see if they can help you with this.

Chris