cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI not recognised

Sophie1985
Visitor

Please help!

I bought a huawei p30 pro from music magpie locked to EE. I'm now needing to change network. For some reason EE don't recognise my IMEI number. Is there anything I can do to get my phone unlocked as the support group haven't really helped. 

33 REPLIES 33

Having the same issue have EE managed to resolve?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @2003BE,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you trying to unlock a phone purchased direct from EE?

What problems are you experiencing?

James

@James_B When using the EE online tool and putting in IMEI number it says it is not recognised. The phone is an iphone 11 with a fully paid up contract purchased directly from EE (which when reading guidance should be automatically unlocked after 18 months anyway). Already contacted the unlock team and waited beyond 10 days with no solution. Terrible experience so far preventing me from realising the value of my paid for asset! Need an urgent solution!

@2003BE  If you go to settings>general>about and scroll down to Network Provider Lock what does it say ? 

@Chris_B Sim locked - getting absolutely no where with your online tool or your customer service team. Even recommended I take it into the apple store who have confirmed it is the network providers problem and the phone is perfectly operational. This is a month long ordeal needs sorting!

James_B

Hi @2003BE,

Thanks for confirming. As you mentioned, the phone should have already been unlocked automatically.

What happens if you insert a SIM from another network?

James

@James_B comes up with an error message and asks me to contact the network provider i.e yourselves. Cannot progress past this screen without removing the sim from another network.

James_B

Hi @2003BE,

I've sent you a private message to grab some details.

Thanks

James

Hello James

I read your responses to various customers and I am still confused to understand what your experts know that the automatic unlock coder reveal does not know.  Did EE loose the codes that the manufacturers put on the phones at some time?    I have waited weeks for a reply from the so-called EE unlock experts and would like to know now what they should be doing to uncover the unlock codes. I am told that they have to go back to Motorola in the case of their products.  In my case I paid a USA unlocker and they have also found that the Motorola codes for an XT1541  that come via EE don't work.  I have been into an EE shop and they too are flumoxed. They wondered whether the firmware in some cases was locked and no codes will work.  What went wrong and how can it be sorted out?

Christopher_G

Hi @rg4e

Did you buy your device directly from EE? How long ago did you speak to our unlocking team?

Chris