Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone

Sona1987
Investigator
Investigator

Hello 

What can I do if my phone(S21) is brand new and faulty? EE doesn't want to change it because I bought more then 30 days ago(I boughton 23th December), but I only opened it to use 2 weeks ago(beginning on Feb)

Is it fair to pay for repaired one as a new £43 +3.9% increased from April and 2 years???? I cancelled my direct debit. I am happy to send a phone back and find a new provider, but EE don't accept my request. What shall I do?

15 REPLIES 15
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If it's under 6 months old you can give EE one chance to repair or replace a faulty item before you are entitled to claim a refund.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for answering.

They offered me ro repair, but I think it's not fair to pay repair phone same price as new one. I bought and Happy to pay for my phone but not for repair one, as any phone which opened ones for repair it's not a same price as new one. Phone is just 2 months old, I bought on 23.12.21 but I opened to use from Feb 6th 2022.

How can I claim refund? Any idea please? 

Thanks 

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Sona1987 .. in what way is it faulty?

They go by when you purchase the phone. So if you decided not to open it until Feb 2 months after purchase then its a 2 month old phone.

You have been given the option to repair it. This is your only option, they will not replace it if i

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

It's keep on freezing I can't use any app, even on motorway when I use a map It's frozen and I need to risk my life and restart my phone during my driving time and put a new map again. Also it's keep on overheating and I can't tach it from behind. Automatically receiving a message on my screen don't use a phone it's overheated and dangerous even without putting on charge. I don't wantimagine what will be one day when it's explode during my talking if I don't see that massage. It's so warm burning my ear.

Repair and have a repaired phone when you paying for new one price? Is it right you think?

Well right now you have a faulty phone and paying for it so what do you want?

A repaired phone or a broken phone?

You may as well cancelled the direct debit but EE will chase you for the money.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

That what I did, stop my direct debit and gave them options to send me new phone and I'll put my direct debit back and give a faulty one back or cancel 2 years and I'll send them their faulty phone back even I paid 2 months without using it. But they don't accepts any of this. I need a advice what can I do in future? Is it any costumer rights in this situation or not?