cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doro 7000H WIFI calling

rup_jam
Investigator
Investigator

My Mothers Doro 7000H was bought with WIFI calling in mind and has worked fine until recently. Then the Wifi calling icon was no longer displayed and she was dropping a few calls.

Press Menu> Settings> Network & Internet> Mobile network.

I attempted to access the WIFI calling option in settings, however it is no longer present. As was the VOLTE option (4G LTE Mode) in Does this mean EE has withdrawn WIFI calling & VOLTE support for the Doro 7000H or has there been a botched firmware upgrade?

I fear it is time to dig out a 3G cell booster again......................

Regards,

Rupert

13 REPLIES 13
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rup_jam,

I'm surprised at that response as you said WiFi Calling worked in the past.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Technical Support Team can take a look at this for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

ColinRH
Visitor

Just to add, I had exactly the same experience with the DORO 7000H which I had bought for my elderly father and can confirm that the WiFi calling feature disappeared immediately after a software update. DORO were surprised that WiFi calling had worked at all (which it did - very well - before the software update).

In asking DORO which of their phones supported WiFi calling, I was given the same list as DORO gave in a reply above. Interestingly, they said that these phones only provided WiFi calling if purchased through EE (and obviously with an EE SIM) because EE add some software to the phone to enable that feature. I'm not a techy but for some reason I found that surprising.

Anyway, it was hugely frustrating about the 7000H because with WiFi calling it suited my elderly father's needs perfectly.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

EE don't add any software to enable VoWiFi or VoLTE, all the software functions are on the phone itself and the IMS side which facilitates these functions, has become more standardised in recent years.

A good example is Android, where in the distant past, you did have to have network-specific software to use these functions, which for most people meant purchasing their phone from EE direct. In recent years the SIM-free generic software has supported the same functions meaning less need to buy a network-specific device.

I notice the OP mentioned in the opening post about getting a 3G signal box - these are no longer supported, as part of 3G switchoff.

DoroBruce
Visitor

This is disappointing to say the least. I too bought the Doro7000 for WiFi calling. Then made the mistake of buying a Gifgaf SIM which, as a mvno, does not have access to the underlying O2 wifi calling.

So switched to an EE SIM which specifically says WiFi calling supported (no mention of any phone restrictions).

With rubbish phone signal, it was a nightmare activating the SIM. There was a WiFi calling menu option.  Then there was a Doro update and applied it.

Now, no WiFi calling option and not working.

This looks like a Doro problem and for them to duck it is bad of them.

I will be emailing them now. Asking for the previous phone software back