cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa calling and hearing aids.

IanI
Investigator
Investigator

I have a Samsung S23. I also use Phonak hearing aids. My hearing aids link to my phone via Bluetooth, I can make and receive calls via the hearing aids.

I have Alexa calling set up. If my hearing aids are turned off, Alexa calling works well. If the aids are turned on (and therefore linked to my phone via Bluetooth) I can answer a call on an Alexa but there is no audio either way.

Can anybody suggest a solution?

11 REPLIES 11
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @IanI 

Welcome to the community.

I can't find any troubleshooting specifically relating to Alexa Calling with hearing aids. Do you have other devices that use Alexa calling that you could test them on?

Chris

IanI
Investigator
Investigator

Seems nobody has an answer 😞

Christopher_G

Do you have other devices that use Alexa calling that you could test your hearing aids on, @IanI?

Chris

I don't 😞

Christopher_G

Are you near an EE Store, @IanI? If you pop in, our guides in-store may be able to take a look and help.

Chris

IanI
Investigator
Investigator

A 2 mile walk and then a bus journey only to be told, "you would be better off ringing customer service, they are more technical than we are".

Leanne_T

Hi @IanI 

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Just to check, have you tried contacting Amazon to see if they can suggest anything for you to try? 

Leanne. 

IanI
Investigator
Investigator

I have now spoken to '150' and still don't have an answer. Before I ring Amazon can anybody tell me how a call gets to an Amazon Echo 'Alexa'? By that I mean the route, what technologies are involved? Does it get routed via WIFI? IKs Bluetooth involved? etc..

It is clear that the support people I have spoken to do not understand so in order to progress finding a solution, I would like to understand.

Leanne_T

Hi @IanI 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

You can find full details in the EE calls with Alexa terms and conditions. 

Leanne.