cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering EE TV

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi all,

I see there are quite a few posts here about the new EE TV. I was advised I needed to move over to EE broadband from BT broadband and once broadband is active with EE then I could order EE TV.

I called up earlier and they said as broadband only got moved over on the 12th to wait a while and call back on the 22nd. Apparently this is when I should be able to add EE TV.

From what I’ve read on here I think that might of just been said to get me off the phone as they know they can’t place an order for it yet.

Has anyone who has moved from BT to new EE broadband been able to place an order for TV after their broadband activation? Or am I in the same boat as everyone else on here and need to wait until EE resolve the ordering system issues?

Cheers!

19 REPLIES 19
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

At present EE TV is only being offered to new custs when ordered at the same time as a new EE broadband line.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Best I can suggest is that you keep an eye on these forums.  I'll be sure to update here when I've had confirmation that upgrade and/or migration orders can finally be taken.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Thanks @XRaySpeX @and @DarrenDevI'll keep checking back here! 

One bonus of moving over to EE was I had the Smart Hub Plus router delivered and I can definitely notice a difference with WiFi performance.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Profile closed
Not applicable

I called yesterday and spoke to someone who said it’s been “put on the back burner” then we got cut off so I called again and got passed to another team who told me that it’ll be another two weeks, they added me to a list and said they’ll contact me when TV is available to order.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@DarrenDev or any other EE Employees, I’m hoping you can help with my EE TV order please?

I thought all was well when my EE TV order went through yesterday however I received an order cancellation notice ten minutes after receiving an equipment dispatch notification today.

EE suspect the order was cancelled as I had a previous TV order through BT that used the same email address (my EE account email address) for Netflix.

The TV order through BT was cancelled before it was activated due to being advised to move to EE broadband for the SIM only plan discounts.

I’m expecting a call back tomorrow, after the cancellation completes today, to try and put the order through with a different email address but I just wanted to confirm this won’t cause any issues please?

Thanks!

DarrenDev
EE Employee

As you're experiencing issues already, there's no guarantee you won't see more issues. The EE TV agents are all freshly trained, and they know how to escalate if things don't go to plan.

Pete_Russ
Contributor
Contributor

I have had EE Broadband since late December and despite the various claims about expected launch dates for the TV side of the new EE service I am still unable to order EETV.  I see that some people appear to be getting EETV but I have no idea what the applicable criteria is in order to obtain it, certainly I can't, yet it continues to sit on the shelves of EE shops being advertised as being available.

I am now beginning to wonder how long it will be before we see a short press release saying that they have decided to pull the product due to certain technical difficulties.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Thanks, it’s the complaints team I’m dealing with now so hopefully things can be resolved.

I was confused by the Netflix email address causing an issue as this isn’t actually specified during the ordering process, only an email address for NOW TV is (which was actually spelt incorrectly for my last order but was told I could change this after activation).

Fingers crossed it can be resolved soon and hopefully the issues I’m facing can be corrected and make the process easier for other customers.