cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV Membership stoppe working after EE took over BT?

FuntCase
Explorer

Just tried to use NOW TV to watch Sky Sports and it came up with offers for a membership. I went onto my BT account on the BT website to make sure it still existed and it said it does. I then checked the EE website and i'm struggling to find what's in my TV package, only shows my mobile package?

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

BT hasn't just taken over EE. They've both been subsidiaries of the BT Group for some years & operate as separate providers with their own products & prices. If your TV package a/c is with BT you need to query them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I've literally been getting emails saying "BT is now EETV" and the problem has only been since then?

DarrenDev
EE Employee

The only thing that has happened so far is cosmetic - the apps and set top box are EE branded. Your account is still with BT, and nothing has changed on it.

Make sure you're logged into Now TV with the account that you registered with your BT TV subscription. Also make sure the content you're trying to watch is included with your current package (e.g. if you only have Entertainment, then Sport wouldn't be included).

Those emails are bit premature.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

In what way are they premature @XRaySpeX ? Everything visually changed to EE TV 3 days ago.

Well, it's not with EE yet. It just looks like it 😉 !

I've been using NOW TV the whole time completely fine, only recently it's switched.

Do you think this is something i should contact BT for or EE?

Your contract and subscription are with BT. They're the only ones who can help.

Before you do that though, log into nowtv.com, select manage account, then Now Membership. Check whether it includes sport, and says it's "Purchased via EE TV".

Something has changed. Just finished all the set up of the new router. Everything looks right but now tv has a problem. Nothing from the guide but if I enter the app, open the guide. It all works fine. The guide on ee tv has the problem.