Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE tv app on Apple tv

Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

this is more of a suggestion in terms of user experience when using the EE app.  Could the app be updated to include the ability to hide channels in a similar way that this can be done with the box pro and mini box, in my case I would hide 95% of the non HD channels as these really just clutter up the guide and mean that I have to scroll past them to get to the HD channels.

who even watches SD resolution channels anymore? Especially on an Apple TV 4K? Seriously just bin them all and upgrade to a minimum HD quality.

i like the app and it generally works well but there are a few elements that seem overly awkward and not very well thought through.

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Derang , I still watch non HD channels, as ITV+1, Channel 4+1 etc and many other channels are not HD, so they are still needed, even if you do not watch those, no idea how you would delete them, but I know that you can choose favourites or hide them on a normal TV or recorder, if you so choose.

There are plenty, who do not have HD TV’s, not everyone has the latest equipment.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Derang
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That’s a fair point @Schockwave  about the +1 channels, surely HD versions could be made available.

But I was talking specifically about the App available only on AppleTV devices.

I’m not sure there will be many people using an Apple 4K device on a non HD tv.

Weerab2024
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

For the free to air channels there's no excuse not to have them as HD if they are available on IP mode or on mini boxes/apple TV. 

EE really need to beef up the IP channel offering as lots more IP channels are available on competitors offerings. There's been no update for 2 years from when BT launched IP Freeview channels, and there aren't any +1 channels. 

Now TV SD channels are down to Now as its down to them offering HD as a premium add on. 

The apple TV offering is just new so they will probably have the hide channel option on a list of things to work on. 

BT TV Pro, EE mini box, Full Fibre 500
DarrenDev
EE Employee

The only channels on Apple TV available in both SD and HD are the subscription channels - where you have the option to watch in SD or pay for the HD upgrade.  We have to offer both.  For all the other channels, they're available in just SD or HD, depending on the channel.

Whilst there's no option to hide channels, there is the option to favourite them.  Favourite the channels you want to see, and then use the favourite filter to just list those.