cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few tips I learned when moving from BT to EE

Corky-100
Investigator
Investigator

I have seen there are issues for anyone making the move from BT to EE and after several calls I learned a few things that may help - although there's still things to resolve:

• Failed order preventing me from accessing or changing addons, modes etc
  • Can't add Discovery Premium sub into the app
  • Cant link Mobile and Broadband accounts

Anyway, along the way I learned a few things...

• When resetting the box (ie to change to streaming or aerial) and the box locks up and remote doesn't work plug a USB keyboard into the port on the box. Surprisingly it will let you at least access the set up and complete it.
  • The problem of accessing anything - billing, subs, apps etc from the EE app. Create a new login ID with a new email, and add the account number for Broadband when setting up. It simply wont let you add Broadband to the phone account at the moment (pulling out of fingers needed there I think!) - This will also then let you set up EETV apps properly and remove that 'Subscription' error...

I hope these hints will help - even if you need to call and do the accounts on the phone with the call centre setting it up with an invite ID link.

Its a pain, but the only way I could access the Wifi/EETV/Plans stuff.

4 REPLIES 4
Corky-100
Investigator
Investigator

Also, why cant I use more than 1 Device in the EETV app with a Full Works subscription?

Having to wait a month to add a second device, and then up to 4 months to add 4 devices seems a bit, well, dumb...

@Corky-100 with a new account, you can register 4 devices straight away.  When those 4 device slots are full, you can then make 1 change a month.  This is pretty standard with video content, to prevent accounts being shared.

Regarding this other point:

• When resetting the box (ie to change to streaming or aerial) and the box locks up and remote doesn't work plug a USB keyboard into the port on the box. Surprisingly it will let you at least access the set up and complete it.

You simply need to press Home+9 together to reset the remote.  No need for a keyboard.

I can only use 1 device strangely, says I reached my limit... although I suspect the account is still only half cooked - Can't add the Discovery Premium to my Discovery app either. 

For the remote, I needed a new one as despite Home+9 or Home+7 it refused to work again, except for power button. I've seen this as a common issue.

Thanks for confirming I should have 4 devices though.

You say you moved from BT to EE, so I assume you had devices registered on your TV account before the move?  As it's an account move, rather than a new account, your existing devices would have been carried across.  Feel free to email me at tv.apps@ee.co.uk with your account number, and I can check/reset as needed.