Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud calls

madhuri28
Investigator
Investigator

yesterday on 10th of feb 

i received a call and they said we have a offer on your number and a gift for you 

they took my email and passcode to login my account 

and they logged in and never picked my call again 

now i have changed my password 

can somebody please tell me can they log in again or is it possible to attach their bank account in my account? 

thnxx 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Fraudsters would not attach their bank account to your MyEE account.

They would have just placed an order through our account to be delivered somewhere else leaving you with a massive bill.

EE or any organisation would never ask you for account details such as passwords

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @madhuri28 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. It's good that you have changed your password. I would recommend changing your passwords for your other accounts too, if they're the same.

I'm not sure what you mean about accessing their bank account. Could you explain some more about what you're asking?

Thanks

Chris

BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Fraudsters would not attach their bank account to your MyEE account.

They would have just placed an order through our account to be delivered somewhere else leaving you with a massive bill.

EE or any organisation would never ask you for account details such as passwords

and can i cancel my order which is ordered by them from my EE app?

because they gave me a order no. and they said u can track your order 

To cancel any order you need to give EE a call.

EEs tracking is useless. I ordered a new phone and EEs tracking never updated but I got a text that evening from DPD stating it would be delivered next day.

ok thnxx

you mean to say if they had ordered something ..i will get a notification 

and when i will get notification then i will call to EE to cancel my order?

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Not necessarily...

If a Fraudster was a little bit "clever" they would first change the contact email and number, and therefore all notificaitons would go to their number/email, Instead of yours...

Recently another user posted their experience with fraudsters here on the Forum, and it was exactly like that, as they prevented him from being alerted..

however, act quickly, whilst order processing could be quite expedited, sometimes even overnight, and You will have little time, to stop it.

they know what will be delivered quickly, and how.

Unfortunately, you compromised your login details, which means, all of them need to be changed, ideally any such combination email/password, whenever You use it...

Hope, You will be able to sort it, and prevent more trouble...

thnxx for reply 

but if they had changed my email or phone number so i couldn’t login again 

but yesterday i could login my account 

and they gave me an order number i tried to track the order by filling that order number and my email id but that was 9 letters order number and there was showing the order number should be 10 to 12 characters long 

so tell me please now the fraudsters can do anything after changing my password? 

thnxx

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

With BT, I had all my notifications directed to absolutely different mobile number (even with another provider), where I was getting all necessary OTA (One Time Password), updates, etc etc. 

Certainly, it's possible to setup a different number for it. Not sure about email notifications though on EE, don't get such far to explore it..

If you change your password to MyEE, they should lose access, but if  you share same password across say also your email, change it there as well, otherwise, They might be able to regain access via "forgotten password"...

After you change passwords, They should NOT be able to place any further orders, but to be sure, ask EE to put note on the file, and absolutely go to deal with the order, that fraudsters already placed.

It's not uncommon, as they place the expensive device(s) on order, and if You have a very good history with EE, and a high credit score, they might go through with no problem.

If any order was already taken in Your name, and it's eventually late, obviously contact the police as well, but it might be good idea to do so regardless.