cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible phishing attempt

berlinsubbb69
Investigator
Investigator

filed a complain through the EE web portal as I am under the impression that my phone has been hacked. Firs I got a call from a withheld number from someone claiming to be from technical support, and he said it was "Impossible" to clone a sim car *google is full of ways to do this£ then I got an email from someone to be from EE asking me to call this number  0800 079 5327 I checked in google and this number does not seem to belong to EE, also this person said it was "Impossible" to clone a sim card, also my other complain that I spend too much data, he said was accurate, i would like to know if this number is real. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Your phone hasn't been hacked.

It's just scammers calling random numbers. It happens. If the number isn't withheld just block it

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @berlinsubbb69.

Welcome to the community.

If you'd like to talk to someone about your data usage, I'd recommend giving our Tech Care team a call directly so they can look into this for you.

They will also be able to check your account notes to make check if these calls were from EE advisors.

Jon

I did but they called me back from a mobile phone and left the message I should call that number

Sent from my iPhone
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Do you mean the EE team called you back on a Mobile, @berlinsubbb69?

If so, what number did they leave to call? The number they called you from would likely just be an outbound number (probably 07973 100 194).

Chris

the number they used was  7953222222 the other suspicious thing was that when they sent me an email they didn`t use my acc nr. but my mobile nr. and they indicted me to call 

0800 079 5327, so I want to make sure is a legitimate EE customer service number. My problem still persists, again my call records on ñline and the ones on my phone do not match and data consumption on the "My account site"· is more than double of what my phone shows.

The number ending with 22222 is the EE voicemail. That is not a dodgy number

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Thanks, can someone from EE also confirm 0800 079 5327, is a valid number?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @berlinsubbb69.

That number may be for a specific EE department, as the prefix at the beginning is similar to a normal EE number.

If you call the number on our get in touch page, you can be asked to be transferred to the relevant department.

Jon

also EE refuses to acknowledge the fact that my phone might have been hacked, what is the next instance where I can escalate my complaint, I keep seeing strange calls and texts in my bill. Is it the Ombudsman Services?