cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised Calls and Messages on Whats App and Messages

Profile closed
Not applicable

I have recently changed my Phone Number due to Personal Reasons. And since EE has changed it over the phone, I have been messages from a Hospital for Appointments to a certain Person on the Text Message.

Also I have been having Missed Calls and Messages on my Whats App as well from a +234 number and a Mobile Number that i didn't recognise as well.

Could the number I have had is a recycled number that's been reused for myself and that was used by someone else before?

I'm a bit worried to be honest. Would the best solution to get a brand new SIM Card and a Brand New Number?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed 

Welcome to the community.

It's definitely possible that the number has been recycled. When a number is cancelled, it goes into a quarantine for a while before being issued to someone new.

If you would like to change the number, please speak to our Mobile Care team. You won't need to change your SIM.
Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G

Hi @Profile closed 

Welcome to the community.

It's definitely possible that the number has been recycled. When a number is cancelled, it goes into a quarantine for a while before being issued to someone new.

If you would like to change the number, please speak to our Mobile Care team. You won't need to change your SIM.
Chris

Profile closed
Not applicable

Ok Thank You for the reply Chris. Is it something that I need to be worried about or not?

Do you think they are Spam / Scam related?

Christopher_G

No, I don't think it's anything to be worried about, @Profile closed. It just might be inconvenient for you.

I'd recommend being vigilant with any messages from any number that you're not familiar with, especially if they're asking for information from you.

Chris

Profile closed
Not applicable

Ok Thank You Chris - much appreciated