cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call

zeetaj
Visitor

I received a call today from phone number 020 30028787 saying EE was offering me a 40% discount and a free gift (I-watch if wireless EarPods, charger etc). They asked for my email address so they could send me an email. Once I received it I was asked to change my password. The woman was still on the phone but I told her I didn’t believe she was from EE. She was very pushy and sounded like she was phoning from abroad from a call centre. I said I didn’t want the gift or the discount and asked her to take my name off whatever list had given her my details. 

I was annoyed because against my better judgement I had given her my email address. Once I hung up she phoned again even more pushy saying she was from EE and that I needed to do as the email was telling me. She was quite aggressive and not letting me talk. I eventually said ‘I’m not doing what you what you are telling me to do”. Also that I knew she wasn’t from EE. She suddenly hung up. 

Please don’t respond to anyone asking for your details. I said to her if you are from EE you would know my email address but she cleverly said no, I am doing security to check you are who you say you are. That caught my off guard as this is something that is done all the time. Anyway its a scam don’t rise to it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @zeetaj 

I would recommend changing your account email. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @zeetaj 

I would recommend changing your account email. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.