cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam phone call

Sheo
Investigator
Investigator

Received a call today from 01926 299016 They said they were from Ee offering 45% of my contract. My phone said potential fraud. They asked for my full Name and address. I declined and hung up. 

19 REPLIES 19
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sheo

Thanks for coming here and letting us know. 

You can view our partners on the What numbers will EE partners call from? Help page. 

If you would like to discuss your upgrade options please call us on 150.

Leanne.

mforcevirus
Visitor

I have had 6 calls from different numbers today offering the same thing. One of the numbers was even registered to a restaurant in London

stuk
Visitor

Same here BUT scammers only offered 1/3rd discount - dirty rotten *******

African accents and UK phone number

Sam-77
Investigator
Investigator

I had a call today from a lady saying that EE are giving 50% off my mobile bill. I kept asking her questions as I thought there is something fishy and she put me through to her supervisor who said he was calling from reading when phone number is from Norther Ireland.  What’s EE doing about these scam calls?

@Sam-77   What can EE do ?     How do EE know that a number calling  you is a potential scam. ?   How do EE stop anyone from calling you  that could be a scammer ?  EE don’t know what a number is going to be used for.     All you can do is report that number so it gets blocked but this will only happen when more than one person reports that number.   

Leanne_T

Hi @Sam-77 

Thanks for coming here and making us aware of this call. 

You can report the scam call to us, please text CALL followed by the number to 7726 and our security team will get this looked into. 

If you would like to speak to us about upgrades please call us on 150 and the team will let you know what is available.

Please see our Prevent scams including phishing, vishing and smishing, Help page for more details. 

Leanne.               

Hi EE,

Just had a call from 01208 247433 offering me to cut my bill by 50% or I could have a new iphone 14. Already new it was a scam because they were offering me an iphone 14 for £25/month with no upfront payment.  Too good to be true = defo a scam.

Wanted me to spell my surname - when I asked for details to be emailed to before I "committed" they asked me for my email so I knew it was not a scam.  No, maam, not a scam. When I said if she was calling from EE she would have my email address on the system she hung up.

Leanne_T

Hi @LDT-CF 

Thank you for coming here and letting us know about this call you have received. 

Please report the call to us by texting CALL followed by the number to 7726 and our security team will get this looked into. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

markgcannon
Explorer

I received a cold call today from 02030078760. Man with strong Indian speaking poorly worded  English.

He said they were from Ee offering 30% off my contract. I suspect it was a potential fraud. They asked me how much I was paying . I declined and hung up.