cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

Psychnurse
Visitor

Phone call from 07307 230916 claiming to be from ee customer services. Female with strong Indian accent.

Told them I wasn't with ee and they proceeded to offer me "free everything" contract.

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Report the spam call by texting CALL 07307230916 to 7726

Then block the number.

Cm1998
Visitor

Just had a call from 07307 230916 claiming to be Henry from EE! Instantly hung up as EE wouldn’t call on a mobile. 

MrMP1
Visitor

I had the same number calling me yesterday day but a gentleman with a strong Indian accent. They offered me discount, almost fell for it as they ask my e-mail address and after that I received a pass code and they wanted the pass code from me!? I refused to give it to them and ask to call me back later, changed my e-mail immediately. Never thought that I would be scammed but they do get clever by the day. Please be vigilant.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrMP1 

Thanks for coming here and making others aware of this call. 

You can report the scam call to EE if you text 'CALL' to 7726 followed by a space, then the number that called you, we use the data collected to help protect all of our customers.

Leanne. 

archercj
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If you have a few minutes spare with nothing to do keep them on the phone and play the scam escalation game. They will start by thanking you and as you are so important you are being put through to a senior advisor. And then they will put you through to an even more senior one. And of course they never want your bank details but simply that verification number so they can access your account. Where your payment details lie. 

Really mess with them by given them a FALSE verification number and being adamant it is the one that has been sent. That really frustrates them as time is money to them.

My record is 25 minutes. Actually got chatting to the lad at the other end. He was from Mauritius and had to do this to fund his education. 

Phillipprell
Visitor

07307 230916

same thing today happened to me when ever you get call from then just tell them do you know scammer payback they will never call u again 😂

Dburghelea
Visitor

I had the same call now , is this scam ? No is 07700 141150

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dburghelea

Thanks for coming here. 

I am not aware of this number. 

If you are ever unsure of any offers being provided, please give us a call on 150. 

Katie

ladykb27
Visitor

Had this call today, they offered 45% off my bill and a free new Iphone15 lol..... i played along wasted their time when it got to giving them my address for it to be sent to i gave them my local police station address. 🙂