Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“EE Alert: We've an issue on your latest bill’s…”

MackeminBristol
Visitor

Good morning,

Yesterday evening I received an email with the following content:

“The payment for your latest bill has failed. This can have several reasons. By our Next attempt on Fri 15 Oct 2021, please make sure :

• your card has enough available funds
  • your card hasn't expired
  • merchant transaction are enabled for your card

͏T͏o ͏a͏v͏o͏i͏d ͏d͏i͏s͏c͏o͏n͏n͏e͏c͏t͏i͏o͏n ͏o͏f ͏y͏o͏u͏r ͏p͏l͏a͏n ͏p͏l͏e͏a͏s͏e ͏u͏p͏d͏a͏t͏e ͏y͏o͏u͏r ͏b͏i͏l͏l͏i͏n͏g ͏d͏e͏t͏a͏i͏l͏s ͏o͏n ͏t͏h͏e ͏f͏o͏l͏l͏o͏w͏i͏n͏g ͏p͏a͏g͏e b͏e͏l͏o͏w :”

This is the first time I’ve had this email. I have not clicked the link, as I have never had a problem with funds in an account. 

The vanity name of the sender is 

EE Customer Services whilst the sender email is do-not-reply-AJSZwiBRTuAay3avi6jC@home.ee.co.uk

Usually I would simply discount these emails as scams, but I am unsure if home.ee.co.uk is a domain registered by EE or not (CentralOps has not shown me any relevant information)

I’d be very grateful if someone could advise.

All the best,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @MackeminBristol 

If your last bill was paid then this email is phishing attempt. By email you can spoof any email address as it redirects. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MackeminBristol

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can find information in our Email scam: Payment failure message, post. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to EE by forwarding the email to phishing@EE.co.uk .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)