cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content unlock

Azik_isay
Investigator
Investigator

Mod edit: [please don't post personal information on the community].

18 REPLIES 18
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Azik_isay

Are you looking to remove content lock?

If yes, please could you confirm if you are a pay monthly or pay as you go customer?

Katie

I'm pay as go customer 

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Azik_isay

To remove this you will need to either give us a call on 150 or pop by your local EE Store with some photo ID. 

Katie 🙂

Thank you! 

Cookie762
Visitor

Content unlock 

Leanne_T

Hi @Cookie762 

How can we help with the content lock?

Leanne 🙂

Your wrong store won't help they say contact ee to do it  am 61  still can't get content unlocked  it's a joke  mite be better off with someone else  network 

@Billyblueeyes   Perhaps you should read 

In My EE

You can easily change the Content Lock settings yourself by logging into My EE* - if you haven't registered yet for My EE, get started today.

• If you're the account holder you'll be able to turn Content Lock off. If you're not the account holder, please ask the account holder to change your settings.
  • Enabling Content Lock in My EE will activate the "Moderate" setting. To activate "Strict" Content Lock, please text the word Strict to 879.

*Please note that changing your settings through My EE is for pay monthly customers only. The following methods can be used by both pay as you go and pay monthly users.

By text

• you can change your Content Lock settings to Strict or Moderate, by texting the word Strict or Moderate to 879
  • if you have a 4GEE WiFi device, you can send a text from your 4GEE WiFi number by using Connection Manager. Just type 192.168.1.1 into your browser (password/user name is admin) and use the SMS message sending feature

Change or remove Content Lock

From the EE blocking page, you can remove Content Lock using a credit card or by logging in to My EE.

Call our Content Lock service

• call us on 1818 from the EE device on which you want to remove or re-apply Content Lock.

Please note: If you want to turn Content Lock off you will again need to complete a simple credit card age verification check.

In store

Just visit an EE store with any of the following approved photo ID - passport, full driver's licence (photo and paper), EU card or citizen card.

Call 150

If none of the above methods works call us on 150. Charges may apply. 4GEE WiFi and tablet customers can call us on 08454 123662 from any other device.

Further information:

• if you try to access 18-rated content and Content Lock is not turned off, a blocking page will be displayed, you will need to complete a credit card age verification check using the online form to view the content
  • if you're a Corporate or Business user, you may not have the permissions required to change the settings and will need to contact your account manager
  • Content Lock does not work when accessing the internet using third party WiFi networks. That's because it only works on EE's mobile networks
  • If you try to change your Content Lock settings, we'll check your credit card details match the name and address on your EE bill. If you're an American Express or Diners card holder, we'll take £2 from your card and refund it straight away. "Content Lock removed" will show up on your credit card bill.

And you’ll find that HERE   It’s the store staff who are wrong as they can help with this.    Perhaps you should show them this.   

And you’ll have to go through this with a different network provider it’s not EE just stopping you it’s a Ofcom ruling that affects all networks until you prove your over 18

EE shop just tells you to phone up ee  there should been an opportunity to say if you want content lock on or off  am 61  this is not right am thinking of changing SIM to other network as give you options on it