cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content unlock didn't work

MariaR98
Explorer

Hello,

I got a sim card a few days ago and topped up £30 to get 100gb of data. I topped up over the phone and they also created my account at the same time, that worked fine. Yesterday, I went into a store to turn off the content lock on my number- they told me it worked fine but would take up to 24 hours.

It's now over 24 hours later and the content lock is not off. I don't have a credit card so can't do it online, which is why I went into the store to sort it.

Can anyone help me with this? I don't feel like making a second trip to an EE store to just have the same thing repeat!  

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MariaR98   If it’s not offer by tomorrow morning then you’ll need to go back to the store if you don’t have a credit/debt card.   

@Chris_B But if it didn't work the first time then what's to suggest that it will work the second time? Is this a common issue? - because going to the store every other day to hope that it works is an awful solution...

I have a debit card, but the website specifically states it needs to be credit.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MariaR98

I am sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried restarting your phone? 

If you have tried this and the content lock is still active, you would need to either give us a call on 150 and the team can check your account and see if this has been removed for you, or visit the EE Store again to get this looked into further. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

A credit card is necessary to prove you're over 18. Under 18s may have bank a/c's & therefore debit cards.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)