cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account hacked

Fazzell
Explorer

Hi my account was compromised with a hacker calling getting through security changing my account to look like it was suspended then forwarding all my texts and calls to another device.. any idea how this happened?.. my full online banking was logged into and emails.. 

14 REPLIES 14
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fazzell,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been the victim of fraud.

Please get in touch with Customer Care to report it.

The team will be happy to help.

James

AAB1
Explorer

Did you manage to get it sorted? The same thing has happened to me .. quite frankly EE customer service has been **bleep**. 
It’s been over a week and I’m still in the same situation. 

Leanne_T

Hi @AAB1 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

To get an update on your account, please get back in touch with our mobile care team. They have access to the account and history to get this fully investigated and help you get this sorted. 

Leanne.

I have had the same thing happen also on the 12th August and still at this moment it's still happening and no one at ee will update me or answer any question I ask 

I believe it’s somebody internal stealing information and doing it. 
I have sent a letter of complaint to EE so I am interested to know what they say. 

@AAB1  That’s a pretty big accusation you just made there.    If there was such a person and it was proven there would be more than just a loss of a job.  

Katie_B

Good morning @SYD07

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

When you reported this to our customer care team what was advised?

Katie 

Ants41
Investigator
Investigator

Hope you got this sorted, I too had my contract with EE hacked, they managed to activate an esim thereby cancelling my sim in my phone. As they had access to my bank account details via EE, they then signed up for a loan at my cost. To sort it and I must say it was down to me, I  changed the phone number via EE and cancelled the old number and am dealing with "my" new loan with the companywho provided it. EE were not much help. I reported it to Action Fraud and note there was a major ransomware attack and data breach by EE a couple of years ago. I'll be raising this with EE and ofcom as well as the FCA. 

Christopher_G

Hi @Ants41 

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you know if this has been investigated by our fraud team through EE customer services? If you haven't discussed that side of things with them, I'd recommend doing so as soon as possible.

Chris