cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I receive SMS?

mhoseinkhani268
Explorer

i changed my lyca sim to ee with same number yesterday it worked fine but today i tested the sim i can call anyone and they call me i can send sms but i cant receive sms from anything number even from ee and 150 ..I said that maybe the problem is with apn, I will choose the settings from the ee site, but it still didn't work.

please help me

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What happens if you send a text to your own number? Your APN settings are for mobile data and have nothing to do with text messages.

mhoseinkhani268
Explorer

I send a message to my number from another number, it is sent and delivered but I don't receive it on my phone....
I even sent the balance message to 150, but I did not receive any reply...
I can't even get a password to verify my number in the user profile..

@mhoseinkhani268 wrote:

I send a message to my number from another number, it is sent and delivered but I don't receive it on my phone....

Can you clarify what you mean here? I would take "it is delivered" to mean you've received the message, this  is contradicted by "I don't receive it"

What did happen when you sent your own mobile number a text message from your phone? In other words, to itself.

mhoseinkhani268
Explorer

Nothing happened

What I mean by that is that i send a message to my wife from myselfnumber, it is sent and she receives my message
But when I send a message to myself from my wife's number, I do not receive that message on my phone

bristolian
Legend
Legend

On the basis this has occurred since your port-in, it is something you should therefore pursue with EE CS, although any party who suggests this is caused by APN settings is not assisting a resolution.

ok thanks