cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from BT to EE keeping same number

DeeD2
Investigator
Investigator

Hi when was upgrading my BT broadband the advisor asked me about switching to EE with my mobile sim only i asked if I could keep my same number. 
I was advised yes she would use the pac code when she ordered the SIM card just put the SIM card in my mobile when it arrived. This was yesterday, I didn’t expect the sim to arrive so quick but it arrive this morning I’ve put it into my mobile & 3 hours later my number still hasn’t migrated over to EE. Should I call EE & say I want to keep my own mobile number or wait I haven’t got the pac code as the advisor said she would do everything.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It could take up to a working day to port. If it doesn't today it could be Mon.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@DeeD2 as advised by @XRaySpeX already, it could take up to WORKING DAY, and therefore, if You received your new SIM card FRIDAY, and you used the PAC code to initiate porting of the number after You put the new SIM card inside your mobile, it will most likely happen just on Monday, whilst portation not going through over the weekend.

It's fairy quick, if You initiate your portation via PAC Sunday to Thursday - usually happens the next day.

Sadly, if You start it over Friday or Saturday, You need to wait till Monday (e.g. next working day). If any Bank Holiday is involved, it will delay it as well.

Thank you I wish the advisor had told me this at BT instead of saying it would happen straight away , she said she would do everything from her end with the pac code when she ordered the SIM card so I’ve no need to use the pac code & it would all go through straight away. I’d have waited until Monday to use the Sim had I known. I’ll call and check she did use the pac code or if I need to call BT to get a new one 

I rang EE & I have had to give them the PAC code myself so I was advised wrongly by the BT advisor she hadn’t used the PAC code when she ordered the new SIM card portation will take place Monday thank you  for the advice