cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspected SIM / phone issue

Carolle
Investigator
Investigator

A couple of issues here on which I'd be grateful for any help. I purchased a new sim yesterday, new number with it. I was pay as you go before, but could not keep the old number due to the age of the phone / old number not being registered. The new Sim is going in a new phone, a Nokia C12. 

Having set up the new phone two strange issues have arisen. The first is that I am unable to send or receive messages. It simply states  'can't send message with EE - error 0'. The same message appears when someone else tries to send a text to me on their phone (their phone works for all other numbers they have). That's been going on for 24 hours and no sign of any change. I've tried everything I can think on, clearing the cache, switch on and switch off and even a factory reset.

The second issue is also strange. When a contact (more than one) saved in my phone calls me, they come up as 'unknown number'. 

None of this makes much sense to me or my two sons who have been attempting to think of everything they can to get it working. Any ideas?

Many thanks, Carolle

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it on contract or PAYG?

Are you in UK?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. In the UK and contract now (SIM). 

Carolle

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Carolle 

Are you able to try sending a text message from your number to your own number please? Let me know if the message sends, but also if it's received.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming back. I have tried that. It did not work. It did not send, the same error message appeared as mentioned initially. I also tried to register my phone against my existing EE login online. I've not been able to do that, as it sends a message to the phone with the code and of course I don't seem able to receive texts. All very strange.

Carolle

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks for trying, @Carolle 

It may be worth speaking with our technical support team so they can check your account from our side. They'll be able to 'refresh' the SIM card too, to make sure that it is enabled fully.

Chris