cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not connecting to network after removal and refitting for foreign trip?

EBennett1
Explorer

I recently returned from Japan where I used a local, data only sim in my phone. I have refitted my original EE sim but cannot get it to connect to my EE network as before. I didn’t make a record of any settings unfortunately. My phone is an old Samsung note. My husband has had no problems refitting his sim to his one plus and getting back on his UK network automatically . Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EBennett1
Explorer

Thanks Bristolian. Seem to have it sorted now - lots of restarts and reinserting the sim seem to have done the trick. It picks up the network and sends texts now. The phone is very old and has been spontaneously switching itself off recently so maybe it's time for a new phone ?!

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

What are the problems you're having with connecting to the EE network - is it showing signal indicators?

How long were you in Japan for, and are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

Does your SIM work in your husband's phone, and his SIM in your phone?

EBennett1
Explorer

Thanks Bristolian. Seem to have it sorted now - lots of restarts and reinserting the sim seem to have done the trick. It picks up the network and sends texts now. The phone is very old and has been spontaneously switching itself off recently so maybe it's time for a new phone ?!

Thanks for your help.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @EBennett1 

Leanne.