Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card not getting activated

Lagina
Investigator
Investigator

Dear EE Community,

my phone got stolen 16 days ago and I promptly called EE to inform about the situation and block the phone and order a replacement SIM. Since then, I received the SIM card 13 days ago and it still cannot be activated. I have called EE customer service numerous times since then and every time I get told that a new activation request has been put through and it will take 24 hours to activate but it never gets activated. I have been waiting to use my number for more than 2 weeks now, with no progress on this situation.

Did anyone face a similar issue?

Many Thanks

Asma

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lagina,

You don't need to take any further action yourself now a fault ticket has been raised for you.

Our Technical Support Team will get back in touch as soon as the ticket has been resolved.

I'm sorry that you've been left without service in the meantime.

James

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Leanne_T

Hi @Lagina 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you have any signal showing on the device? 

Are you able to try the SIM card in another phone to see if this works? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne,

yes, I tried the sim in 4 different phones. On iPhone it just says No Service, while on Android phones it says SIM not provisioned for voice.

I have been calling customer service every single day but they can never help me. All they say is “I’ve never seen this issue before so I don’t know what’s happening”.

Leanne_T

Hi @Lagina 

I am very sorry to hear this, have the team suggested sending another replacement or going into store with photo ID for a replacement SIM to see if this would help? 

If this is not going to resolve the issue, have the team raised a support ticket to get this looked into? 

Leanne 🙂

Hello,

They advised me to visit a store, which I did 4 times so far. But they could not activate or give me another physical sim. Last Monday it had been sent to the Back Office. I’ve been told that it will be sorted by maximum 5 days but the Sim is still not active. I seriously do not know what to do now. I honestly would like to cancel my contract as all this is not my fault and it has caused me a lot of troubles.

thank you

Asma

Leanne_T

I see, thanks for the extra details @Lagina 

The back office team will be working on activating the SIM as quickly as possible for you. 

If you would like to discuss your options, please contact us again and the team will help you further. 

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne, 

I would like to discuss my options but the team did not really help me. I’ve also been hanged-up on a couple of times and didn’t get a call back. When I called this morning the member of staff said he can’t help me because I wasn’t validated but did not even ask for my details. It’s been very frustrating for me to see them not doing enough to help me.

James_B

Hi @Lagina,

You don't need to take any further action yourself now a fault ticket has been raised for you.

Our Technical Support Team will get back in touch as soon as the ticket has been resolved.

I'm sorry that you've been left without service in the meantime.

James

Hi James,

thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately the issue has still not been resolved. It’s getting close to 3 weeks now for me without SIM card. I am really disappointed and frustrated.

Leanne_T

Hi @Lagina 

I am sorry this taking time to get resolved for you and understand your frustration. As soon as the technical support team have an update they will get in touch to let you know. 

Leanne.