SIM card activation

Matthew1195
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently become a new member of EE 5 days ago and my SIM card arrived 1 day ago when I put my SIM card in there is no signal. So in search forums and it says can take up to 24 hours I decided to ring up EE and they said the SIM card hasn’t been activated and is sat in a state called reserved which can take up to 14 days to sort out.

Why does it take nearly two weeks to activate a SIM card leaving me with no service for two weeks is a bit ridiculous and this was no where stated when I ordered the SIM online either.

Is there anything I can do to speed up this process thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Matthew1195

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am sorry to hear about your experience so far. 

Has a ticket been raised by our customer care team regarding this?

Katie

No I don’t think there has been a ticket raised only the information I provided above was what I got told from an EE representative when I rang them up asking when it’s likely my EE sim would activate.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Matthew1195

I would recommend getting back in touch with our technical care team to ask if a ticket has been raised. 

It could also be worth asking if a replacement SIM would speed up this process for you. 

Katie

Matthew1195
Investigator
Investigator

It’s a brand new sim I haven’t had an EE sim before I am swapping from my current provider Three.

i rang the number that was in the app which I assumed was technical support however when it read out the options there wasn’t one for sim support.