Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting takes too long

Blacksea76
Investigator
Investigator

Hello.

I have provided EE with a PAC code on the 31st of October 2023 and was told by chat support that, because I briefly used my temporary number sim , my porting is going to extend now to 30th November instead of the usual 3-4 days?

is this true? Would really like to use my number now if possible and not pay two bills for another month.

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blacksea76  you’ve been told a load of rubbish. It doesn’t matter if use the supplied sim with the supply number on it.    

Number ports take up to 24 hours and are not started over a weekend. So if a pac code was given on a Friday the port will not commence until Monday and should be completed by Tuesday and thats the only thing stopping a migration of a number from a different network.     

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Blacksea76  you’ve been told a load of rubbish. It doesn’t matter if use the supplied sim with the supply number on it.    

Number ports take up to 24 hours and are not started over a weekend. So if a pac code was given on a Friday the port will not commence until Monday and should be completed by Tuesday and thats the only thing stopping a migration of a number from a different network.     

Thank you,

I was thinking is just some kind of rubbish, especially since I got in contact with Vodafone and they said: number released. 

Going to try calling instead of chatting tomorrow, who knows, maybe I'll have more luck.

You were right, yesterday I was told to keep using the temporary number, because it will trigger the switch and surprise, power cycle this morning and it was done. 
The two web-chat consultants were wrong and I talked on the phone with someone yesterday and problem solved.

It shouldn’t take that many tries though 🤣

Thanks