Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly SIM not working

jb600
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Ordered a pay monthly SIM to use in my car for the in-car hotspot. The car recognises the SIM, but there's not internet connectivity.

I've tried to activate the SIM online and EE website says it's already activate.

I've put the SIM in an unlocked mobile phone and it doesn't work in that either. The phone recognises the SIM, but there is no network signal. On the coverage checker, it says I should have excellent coverage on 2G, 3G & 4G.

Tried calling EE Technical Support from another phone and all I got was a recorded message saying they'd run diagnostics and text me the details. How can I receive the text when the SIM isn't working?

Anyone have any ideas how I can actually get to speak to a human at EE? Or would I be better off just cancelling and going with another network?

Thanks,

JB

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Leanne. Looks like it's sorted though now. After trying 3 different phones, I found one that did connect to the EE network successfully - might have just been the 2ft thick walls in our 200-year-old property. After receiving a series of text messages, everything started working. The SIM is now in the car and working fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @jb600.

You can find all ways to get in touch on our Contact Us Page, including what numbers to call from a non-EE phone.

Jon

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@jb600 wrote:

I've put the SIM in an unlocked mobile phone and it doesn't work in that either.

Does that same phone work with another EE SIM?

It's my first EE SIM, but the phone has worked with every other provider SIM I've put in it. It's not a locked phone.

Hi Jon, That doesn't really help much as I've tried that and just got the automated message I mentioned in my post. I need to speak to a real human, which seems impossible from the comments I'm reading on other posts.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jb600

Thanks for coming back to us

If you call us on 0800 956 6000, no number will be needed, and the team can get this looked into for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

Thanks Leanne. Looks like it's sorted though now. After trying 3 different phones, I found one that did connect to the EE network successfully - might have just been the 2ft thick walls in our 200-year-old property. After receiving a series of text messages, everything started working. The SIM is now in the car and working fine.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @jb600

Leanne 🙂

iancalderbank
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

thanks very much for sharing this number. searched for ages to find a number that can get to a human to report a coverage problem. constant battle with the automated system trying to send me a text to self-diagnose ... which I can't because I've got a coverage problem!