PAYG pac issue

Dcollett
Investigator
Investigator

Morning all, 

Decided to switch from giff gaff to EE due to the mobile data speeds dropping off a cliff with Giff Gaff, Brought a £10 sim, paid for the pack and used my pac code i got  from giffgaff on the EE website when i paid my £10 to switch my number to EE said wait 24hrs for it to complete 

2 days later EE sim is now dead and my giff gaff one is working as normal 

Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dcollett 

Welcome to the community.

The number ports only go through on working days, with the bank holidays recently, it could still be being processed. It doesn't make sense that your EE SIM would be 'dead', it should be active with a temporary number.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Which day was your EE SIM first used on the EE network?

The PAC would be treated as submitted on the first working day following, and be actioned the next working day.

Thanks for the reply that might be it then. By dead i mean i topped up the £10 but still have no data to use etc. Have pout the giff gaff back in and will wait another day to see if that sim dies after the number is changed over ( tho i ahve a pack active until the tenth ) 

I did try to link both the EE PAYG number and the number im bringing from giff gaff to my EE account but wouldnt work so ill wait and see 

Thanks for the replies!