Old number

Nicko1884
Visitor

Went into EE shop 5 days ago and bought a pay and go sim. Gave the staff my pac code I obtained from 3 mobile and was told 2 days it will be sorted. I have my EE sim in my phone now and when I iMessage someone it comes up to them as my preferred number. I think more because of the phones settings. Nothing has changed yet and wondering how long it usually DOES take for the switch of numbers to be completed 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nicko1884  It should take around 24 hours to port a number.  You need to call customer services and speak with them about this as it should have happened by now.     You’ll need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime when your number is ported and restart the device and when you check your number in settings phone is should show your ported number when it does show correctly you can turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nicko1884  It should take around 24 hours to port a number.  You need to call customer services and speak with them about this as it should have happened by now.     You’ll need to turn off iMessage and FaceTime when your number is ported and restart the device and when you check your number in settings phone is should show your ported number when it does show correctly you can turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.