cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number swap not complete. Apple Watch not working without phone either

Ldug8953
Explorer

Hello,

I recently swapped from o2 and bought an iPhone and Apple Watch 7 with ee.

my number swap has partially completed, so calls and WhatsApp etc work with my old o2 number but if I send a text it comes through as the EE number?

my watch should work without my phone and it doesn’t. It says there’s no sim and if I try to active a e sim online it just says it’s not working? I’ve had the phone and watch over a week now?

on my iPhone settings the phone number is showing as the EE number and will not let me overide it. O2 have cancelled my sim so I can only assume everything should be working?!

can anyone help?!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ldug8953   Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and then restart the device.  Once restated go to Settings>phone and make sure your number is correct there if it is you can now turn back on iMessage and FaceTime. 

You need to get your phone number right before doing anything with the watch.    

Hi Chris,

Thank you for coming back to me! I have turned off the iMessage and FaceTime and restarted but the number is still incorrect in the settings, it won’t let me change it either by typing my number?

do you have any other suggestions?

thank you!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ldug8953

It may be worth speaking to our technical support team so they can refresh your SIM card.

Chris