cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ported but can't receive SMS

Wilko_UK
Explorer

Good Morning...

Just in the process of transferring my number from O2 to EE. The number has transferred ok. I can send SMS and receive messages via messenger and receive messages from 150. However, any other SMS based messages are not coming through. I've reset, powered off/on,  checked the settings in messenger etc. Still NADA. Perhaps I'm being too impatient, but SMS is a basic cellar function. 
Is this something that will resolve itself or do I have to start navigating automated CS menus??

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its ok.. It's just me being uber impatient .. everthing has now sorted itself out. 
Thanks for the input. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

When you say you are "just in the process" of a port-in, is your porting-in day today, 09/05? If so, split service is perfectly normal on the day.

Or have you completed a port-in on a previous day, in which case have you received the text confirming completion?

Messenger, WhatsApp and suchlike don't use SMS - these are internet-based apps, so all this proves is a working internet connection.

Its ok.. It's just me being uber impatient .. everthing has now sorted itself out. 
Thanks for the input. 🙂

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Wilko_UK

Have a great day, 

Katie