cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert my SIM to eSIM

Jamminimal
Visitor

Hi all 🙂

I’ve seen similarly worded articles but couldn’t find a conversation specifically for my query so apologies if there is already one I did try and have a brief look.

currently have an iPhone 12 Pro Max (eSIM supported) on contract with EE and with a Nano-SIM installed. I’ve actually upgraded to the 14 Pro Max today which comes tomorrow which is exciting times.

My question is, is there a way I can get my SIM data off my Nano-SIM and converted to eSIM and if so…. How do I do that?

I am on contract so am eligible for eSIM I just don’t know if I’d need a new number or if I can transfer my number and data to eSIM.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jamminimal 

Welcome to the community and thanks for ordering.

When your new phone arrives, pop your nano SIM in. Then you can order a 'replacement eSIM' to replace the nano SIM through the My EE app.

What is an eSIM and how do I use an eSIM?

Chris

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G

Hi @Jamminimal 

Welcome to the community and thanks for ordering.

When your new phone arrives, pop your nano SIM in. Then you can order a 'replacement eSIM' to replace the nano SIM through the My EE app.

What is an eSIM and how do I use an eSIM?

Chris

@Jamminimal   If you don’t need to use the eSim I recommend you don’t bother with it.   Ie you only have use of one phone number,   eSim are great until you have an issue with the device and you need put your number on a different device.   

Hi! Just as the words that you have said, I want to know if the “replacement esim” will show up automatically or not.

If it won’t show up automatically what should I do to find the “replacement esim”?

Trix

Leanne_T

Hi @Trixxx77 

You can find full details on activating the eSIM in our What is an eSIM and how do I use an eSIM? Help page 🙂

Leanne 🙂

Hello good morning, I need support, I purchased a SIM by contracting a plan through the website, however, today a physical SIM arrived at my house, but my iPhone does not have a physical SIM slot, only digital, I need help to receive an eSIM 

Leanne_T

Hi @Mauandry 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please see our How to set-up an eSim and help with dual SIM devices, for ways to download an eSIM. 

Leanne 🙂