cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim for mobile data in South Africa not downloading

DH1945
Investigator
Investigator

Hi have a pixel 8 pro with a physical EE sim in it. Signed up with Maya mobile for an ESim to use in South Africa. When trying to download the eSim I get error messages saying I need to contact EE as there is an error message. (Subject code 8.2.6 Reason Code 3.8). I've called EE (which of course cost a fortune thanks to roaming charges out here) and they have no idea why it's doing it. They say the second sim card port is unlocked their end. Maya mobile say it's a problem with EE blocking the use of ESims.... Any ideas how to fix it? EE themselves are no use! 😂 

1000009133.png

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DH1945 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Can you try removing the EE SIM card, do you get the same message when trying to download the eSIM? 

Leanne 🙂

Hi @Leanne_T . Yes I just tried remoing the physical SIM card and reinstalling the eSim and got exactly the same Network error message

Leanne_T

Thanks @DH1945 

Could the other network try providing another eSIM or a physical SIM card to see if this works? 

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T.

I don't have a dual sim tray so replacing the sim card would just put me on a different network... Which I can try but it won't solve the issue I've got (and would mean I couldn't use my actual contract or phone number....). I've already tried one alternative eSim with the other provider and am awaiting another one to test when I take the EE sim out, but get the feeling I need a fix from EE to do this...

Leanne_T

Thanks for coming back to me @DH1945 

If the team have checked the device is unlocked any other SIM should work. 

If you would like to see if anything else is needed from our end please try calling us again. 

Leanne.