cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using phone in EU

Ady1964
Visitor

Hi. We reside in Spain but my partner still has an EE sim with a uk number. He's not on contract, just £15 a month PAYG.
The last 2 or 3 months he hasn't been able to make/receive calls or use his data unless he is at home with our wifi.
I went on his log-in and it says he still has the full package so obviously something is wrong. 

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I'm not sure what you mean by "the full package", but PAYG phones need to be used for a chargeable action at least once every 6months. Have you done this?

https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-as-you-go/pay-as-you-go-credit-run-out-when-i-havent-mad... 

If your partner has had these symptoms for "2 or 3 months", then you or them need to contact EE CS ASAP, to avoid the 9month clock completely running out.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ady1964 : Since June there have been charges for using PAYG pack allowances in the EU. You are meant to receive a text on entering a country telling you about them & inviting you to buy a chargeable roaming add-on lasting 1 or 7 days. Perhaps as he's already in the country he is not getting these invitations. EE roaming facilities are intended for UK residents who may take trips abroad for short stays.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)