cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roaming problems: extra charges / suspensions - workaround?

Enablerz
Visitor

I work outside UK and it is difficult to maintain a permanent number as every time my account get suspended. The last time I couldn’t travel to UK because of Covid and I don’t want to pay unnecessary as I was not planning to travel. Now last month when I travelled they suspended that number too. Now I have new number, is there a plan where I can retain my number by paying a fixed amount in a year. Please reply, we need to need to have a work around instead of paying every month £15 just to retain the number. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Enablerz  To retain the number you need to make a chargeable call or text every 3 months.  That’s all you can do to retain the number, topping up doesn’t do that.      There isn’t an infinite number of phone numbers so if it’s not used for 3 months it goes in the Hibernation then you get three months to contact customer services to get it reactivated so you can retain that number, if you do not do that after this period of time the Sim card so it is fully deactivated and cannot be reactivated and the number then gets recycled to be used by somebody else.    

Basically use it or loose it

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This has nowt to do with the thread you latched onto about the temporary glitch with contract roaming being suspended.

@Enablerz : It sounds like you are on a £15 PAYG Pack but your SIM keeps going into hibernation due long periods of non-use.

@Enablerz wrote:

is there a plan where I can retain my number by paying a fixed amount in a year. 

Yes, any contract SIM-Only will do this for you, which you never cancel & keep paying on time each month.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)