cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Sim Hibernation - tried buying a pack but keep getting errors

Kdeacon95
Visitor

Hi!

I've had no chargeable activity on my EE PAYG Sim and thus my Sim has went into hibernation. I can't make or receive calls or texts currently.

To resolve this, I signed into my EE account 4 days ago, topped my account up £10 and tried to purchase a pack. I keep getting a payment error "Something went wrong". I've tried paying with both the available top-up credit (which my account shows and has cleared with my Bank) and also I tried paying directly through my debit card, and still no success. I'm still getting no success trying to buy a pack for the past 4 days - I've tried both online and via the app.

I've tried calling 150 as well but I get denied as "I've not got enough credit". Are there any new steps I can take so I can get my Sim out of hibernation mode? Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Ordinarily a hibernated SIM will have an outgoing redirect imposed, such that any call attempt dials CS - these calls normally cost 25p. If this is not happening, you can contact them on 07953 966150 from any working phone.

This assumes your SIM is in the 6-9month period between hibernation and complete disconnection.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Ordinarily a hibernated SIM will have an outgoing redirect imposed, such that any call attempt dials CS - these calls normally cost 25p. If this is not happening, you can contact them on 07953 966150 from any working phone.

This assumes your SIM is in the 6-9month period between hibernation and complete disconnection.