cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sim card is doing NOTHING !!!

Crosszeria
Investigator
Investigator

So I have been living in France for a year now. I wanted to keep my sim card and the issue I now have is that I can no longer do anything with it. Texts aren't sending, calls just are silently "dialing" and then end. I can't call customer support (very helpful by the way, not having a email server or a messenger service that actually works >.>) rather than this:

"Message one of our experts online.

A 'Start conversation' button will appear in a few moments during opening hours

We're open 8am to 10.30pm every day."

And yet no "Start conversation" button ever appears ! Helpful =D

My account let me even top up my phone and still nothing is working ! I have tried resetting the phone and the sim card, I've tried wifi calling, I've trying calling 150, calling through the app and nothing is working ! You need to contact me because god knows I can't contact you !!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Crosszeria  you might want to read THIS.
emails are too slow to deal with customer issues as you’re always waiting on a reply. and there’s also no guarantee that the person you’re speaking with will be working on your next reply back to them. 

Live chat is for contract customers only and will not appear for you as it’s not available on pay-as-you-go. 
wi-Fi calling is for UK use only which is why it will not work for.  But again you need a working Sim card to have Wi-Fi calling even if you was in the UK. 

XD cool. So I'm screwed then !

@Crosszeria  Have you looked at the link I provided for you.  ?    Click the green THIS 

Yeah I did, but the problem is. I can't contact them to fix it! I don't have a working phone now >.> so I can't contact the care team.

@Crosszeria , there is a free number you can ring using Skype or Viber, just click on the contact us and you will find the number, otherwise you will have to use another phone to make the call, not sure the free number will work then.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Crosszeria : When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)