cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't call or text 150 from my phone anymore

MarshmallowBat
Investigator
Investigator

If I try to call 150 to check my balance and top up it tells me 'it looks like you don't have enough credit to make this call right now you'll need to top up first,' and if I try to text balance to 150 the text doesn't work. Not sure how to top my phone up now since that used to be how I did it and I don't often use it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarshmallowBat wrote:

I don't often use it.

Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MarshmallowBat
Investigator
Investigator

I think my number has been disconnected because I asked my friend to call and he said it gave him a message saying calls are not currently being connected to this number. I really want to keep my number so not sure what to do.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarshmallowBat wrote:

I don't often use it.

Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I last used it to send a text on the 31st of December and I had a missed call on the 20th of June and received some texts in June, so I guess this happened recently.

Thanks for the response, I will try contacting EE later.

Missed calls and received calls don't count. They aren't chargeable. Was the sent text charged? Anyway after that lengthy period it has gone into hibernation at least. 

DDMeir
Visitor

Mine is pay monthly and I can’t call 150 either since last week?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the EE Community, @DDMeir 🙂

What happens when you try to call 150?

Can you call other numbers?

James