cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What data is transfer from one phone to a new phone when I upgrade in an EE shop

Anthony541
Investigator
Investigator

6 REPLIES 6
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Anthony541 , what phone are you intending getting? This will be up to you.

You can back up your data, and then if the same make, it should be easy to transfer all data.

I have done this with Apple, it will ask you when you set up a new phone, or you can start from scratch.

I assume it should be the same for Android.

It should not matter where you get the phone from, as long as you have a backup it is very easy.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
I've currently got a Nokia 701 and have been told I've got to upgrade to
another model because EE don't do Nokias anymore.
I've also been told by the same assistant that means not all data will be
transferred but they couldn't tell me what data would be and what wouldn't!
Very frustrating.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Anthony541 : No data is transferred by EE; just your new plan is on the SIM. It's for you to transfer your data, aided by apps which your phone's manufacturer will hopefully supply. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Anthony541 were you told this in store or by ringing customer service? 

How old is the phone and how long have you had the SIM card? 

It actually does not matter what phone you have so long as it works, but if this is 3G, then unless you are happy to use 2G, then you could be ok for calls and text, but otherwise, it is correct you would need to change to a phone that at least has 4G as 3G is being switched off in 2023.

I would say, that it is difficult to know what data you are needing to transfer, or is it apps you want to transfer?

I went through this with Nokia Lumia, which was taken over by Microsoft years ago and many apps stopped working.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Is that an ee official policy or is that what you think should happen?  Will the shop help transfer my private data to another phone 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Darkshahh 

When you upgrade the data would need to be transferred from the old phone. 

Which model phone are you using at the moment, and which model are you moving to? 

Leanne 🙂